How Old Is Lawson?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What a difference a year makes!

We all know the saying, "What a difference a year makes", but there couldn't be a truer statement about this past year. Not only was I able to witness the historical event one year ago today of the election of our first Afro-American president, but I also experienced an event on this day that has forever changed my life. Exactly one year ago Sean & I created the most amazing individual that I have ever meet and for the rest of my life I get to say "yes, that's my daughter"! Lawson is absolutely, without a doubt, the best thing that I've ever done. For years I dreamed about her, what would she look like, what type of personality would she have, would she have my eyes, my mouth or my toes. Would she have dark hair or light, would she be athletic, would she be smart, would she make me want to pull my hair out. Everything that I ever dreamed up in my head is no comparison to the little individual person that I hold in my arms every night and rock to sleep. She is above and beyond my wildest dreams and more than I ever imagined. I can honestly say that I have known no greater love. I tell her every day that she is Mommy's morning sunshine and my starry night. To me she is perfection and I don't know how I've lived my life all this time without her.

Some questions have already been answered - yes she has my mouth, she has her uncle's toes and sometimes she makes me want to pull my hair out. I look forward everyday to getting the answers to the other questions and seeing where the journey of her life leads me.



Lawson,

You are the light of my life. You have brought me more joy than you could ever know. I hope I do right by you and you grow up proud to have me as your mother. No matter what life throws at us, always know that I love you with my complete being and you are truely my dream come true!

All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment